- Try to stay off your phone, especially when using crosswalks;
- Be visible to drivers day and night by wearing bright, reflective items. Add a reflective sticker or patch to your jacket and bag;
- Wear proper and well-maintained footwear to reduce your risk of falling on slippery surfaces;
- Give yourself more time when traveling during the winter, avoid having to walk quickly or run on slippery sidewalks and roads;
- Don’t jaywalk. Use clearly marked crosswalks and intersections with traffic lights;
- Make eye contact with drivers before stepping off the curb – slippery road conditions means it may take drivers longer than usual to stop. Wait until vehicles have come to a complete stop before crossing the street.
Receive e-mail updates from Steers Insurance:
Enter Your Email Subscribe