Steers Insurance has been a trusted advisor to Newfoundland and Labradorians for over 100 years, recognized for their outstanding customer service. We are now seeking a dynamic leader to help take the business to the next level in a growing region of the province.
As Regional Manager you will oversee branch operations of our Gander office. While the primary client base is in and around Gander, the position could be filled by an appropriate candidate from Clarenville to Grand Falls, or possibly even further afield.
In addition to providing mentorship and guidance to a team of personal and commercial insurance professionals, you will be responsible for an established book of business. You will leverage your exceptional communication and customer service skills to be a trusted advisor to a large group of valued commercial clients.
This is a rare opportunity for someone with the right skill set and attitude to expand their career and capitalize on the region’s thriving economy, which is set to grow significantly. In addition to the work, the region has much to offer, from Winter and Summer outdoor activities, some of the world’s best salmon rivers and parks, and most importantly, a strong sense of community that has been showcased to the world.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Commercial account executive
- Advising clients on coverage and pricing
- Managing client files
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of client files
- Maintaining and expanding the client base
- Maintaining excellent relationships with staff and clients
- Implementing industry best practices
- Office administration and leadership
- Collaboration with members of the management team across the province
- College or university degree, with a focus on Business Administration
- Commercial insurance sales experience with knowledge of insurance broker management systems
- Leadership experience in an office and/or client service environment
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Motivated self-starter who can work well independently, or as part of a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
Some of the Perks We Offer
- Comprehensive transition strategy
- Competitive salary with commission
- Paid vacation days
- Comprehensive employee medical/dental plan
- Long Term Disability plan
- Group RRSP
- Generous statutory holiday policy
- Cost shared gym membership
Please direct all resumes to:
Subject: Regional Manager – Central