This year’s Steers Insurance Charity Golf Tournament in Corner Brook was another great success. Thanks to this success, and the continued support of our sponsors, we were able to donate $3000 each to these five amazing charities:
- Bill O’Reilly Fund: Bill passed away four years ago, leaving behind two children. Over the last four years, we’ve been able to put $28,000 into the fund to support Bill’s children.
- The Royal Canadian Legion: The money donated to this organization will be used to assist veterans with PTSD to try and gain some sense of living and belonging to the community.
- The Wade Duggan Memorial: Honouring and remembering the Cougar helicopter crash that took the life of Wade himself, this donation will help allow kids of less-fortunate families to participate in hockey camps.
- The Western Regional Hospital Foundation: Located in Corner Brook, this foundation will use their donation to purchase equipment for the Western Regional Memorial Hospital to improve healthcare for many families on the west coast.
- Lexi & Ryan Neary Scholarship Fund: created to support the children of Corner Brook athlete, Shawn Neary. Shawn passed away in 2016 at the young age of 43. Our charity golf tournament has raised $8,000 in two years for Shawn’s children.