Home is where the heart is. Most people don’t want to imagine anything ever happening to their home or belongings, but it’s a reality that we all have to prepare for. When disaster strikes, home insurance from Steers Insurance is there to help you through.
What is home insurance?
Home insurance helps you cover the cost of repairs when your home has been damaged by acts of vandalism, fire, falling objects and natural disasters like storms and floods.
How it protects you
Policies differ from company to company but most plans will offer some or all of the following types of coverage:
- Detached structures—This covers any structures that aren’t directly attached to your home, like a garage or shed on the other side of your property.
- Dwelling—Covers the house and any attached structures like decks, porches and garages. Remember to let your insurance broker know if you add any structures to your home that may increase its value.
- Loss of use—If an accident renders your home uninhabitable for a short time, loss of use insurance will help cover your costs while your home is repaired. This usually includes things like hotel bills, meals and other related expenses.
- Personal property—One of the most important types of coverage for many home owners. Personal belongings often represent a significant investment and are sometimes difficult or impossible to replace.
The brokers at Steers Insurance compare the rates and coverage of many different policies to come up with a customized insurance solution designed to fit your lifestyle.
Depending on your needs, you may want to opt for additional forms of coverage like:
- Inflation—Takes inflation into account when calculating your payout.
- Guaranteed Replacement Cost—Guarantees the full replacement cost of your house and personal effects in the event of significant damage.
- Scheduled items—If you have rare items or collectibles stored inside your home, they may not be covered under your regular home insurance policy. This option allows you to buy extra protection for your most valuable items.
The importance of proper maintenance
When it comes to insurance polices, there are a number of grey areas and home maintenance is part of the reason for this. Having home insurance is for your protection if disaster should strike, but it’s not a maintenance plan in and of itself. Homeowners are always held responsible for the proper maintenance of their home and any other buildings on their property.
The Steers Advantage
With over 80 years of experience providing custom insurance solutions to people all across Newfoundland and Labrador, Steers Insurance can find the home insurance policy that’s right for you. You’ll also enjoy:
- Zero interest options
- Flexible payments
- 24/7 claim service
- Air Miles on select policies
- 11 locations across the province
Whether you’re in Stephenville, St. John’s or elsewhere in Newfoundland or Labrador, there’s a Steers Insurance just around the corner. Contact us today to speak with one of our friendly insurance brokers!